You see it everywhere, on every wall, on every package in every store, on every smart phone, every website, on the app that you downloaded, and on and in many of the cars you see or drive on the road. You live in the visual world. All of it is designed, created, produced, printed, uploaded, projected, streamed, downloaded and shared by a Digital Media and Production Specialist.
The visual impact of everything you see changes your world. How visual information is presented influences what you choose, what you buy, what you think, how you feel.
One of the biggest industries in the world--Visual Media Production--is in front of you every day! The visual media industry has great paying, fun, and creative jobs!
Who creates the visual media? You can. The visual media specialist includes graphic designers, Photoshop editors, web animators, magazine designers, web page editors, and many other visual media skilled professionals. For example most photographs that you see in magazines, or on the web, have been edited with Photoshop. You will learn Photoshop and many other tools in the Lanier Technical College Design and Media Production Technology Program.
Design and Media Production Technology students use state-of-the-art media creation techniques and production technologies for demanding employers:
- Image editing with Adobe Photoshop CS6 for high end magazine illustration, mass media embedded usage, print publications, web delivery, etc
- Vector design with Adobe Illustrator CS6 to make visuals for apps, programs, games, anything, and virtually everything.
- Leading edge layout with Adobe InDesign CS6 to create media presentations for publications in web and print.
- Presentation of designs, projects, and products in physical and virtual space.
Design and Media Production Technology at Lanier Technical College is a proven, professional, hands-on curriculum focused on:
- Develop job-ready candidates with in demand, professional level skills
Create media projects work using defined professional standards
- Combine real-world professional projects and live-work opportunities into the curriculum
Create student portfolios from actual commercial media projects
Work at the professional quality level and speed demanded by employers
Utilize industry standard critique cycle to accelerate professional performance
Learn how YOU can be the Digital Media and Production Specialist!