Frequently Asked Questions
What does our Surgical Technologist Program offer you?
- Study of the anatomy & physiology of the body
- An introduction to the operating room as well as training in surgical skills and laboratory procedures
- CPR certification
- Education related to sterilization and surgical instrument set-ups
- Knowledge of surgical room equipment and supplies
- Training in the application of surgical dressings
- The skills to properly prepare a patient for surgery
- An externship at a medical facility
What kind of work do we prepare you to do?
As a Surgical Technologist, you'll assist in surgical procedures under the supervision of surgeons, nurses and other surgical personnel.
Your training will give you the expertise you need to set up operating room instruments, supplies and equipment, prepare patients for surgery, assist the surgeon during surgery and more.
What career choices are available to graduates?
Before you graduate you will be given the opportunity to take an exam to complete your certification as a Surgical Technologist. When you pass this exam you will hold the title of Certified Surgical Technologist and will be qualified to work in places like:
- Hospital operating rooms
- Surgical centers
- Delivery rooms