To apply for Move On When Ready (MOWR) at Lanier Technical College:
- Speak with your high school counselor about the program. It is important that you
and your parents speak with your counselor to be sure the MOWR program is the right
choice for you.
- Submit an "Application
for MOWR Students".
- Complete the Move On When Ready Student Participation Agreement form and have it signed by your parent/guardian and your high school counselor. All Lanier Tech courses in which a MOWR participant enrolls must be approved by your high school counselor and listed on the Student Participation Agreement form. The form
is available on the Georgia Department of Education website. This form must be submitted to Lanier Tech each semester of dual enrollment.
- Complete the college admissions test. Students must meet regular admission test
scores in order to enroll in the MOWR program. (Learning Support coursework is not
available to MOWR students.) You will be scheduled for admissions testing after
your application is received. Contact the Lanier Tech Office of Admissions or your
high school counselor for test dates.
- Receive acceptance letter/email.
- Attend orientation and registration session with MOWR college advisor (information
on orientation/registration sessions will be included in acceptance letter/email)
and register for classes.
- Complete the MOWR
financial aid application on the
GAfutures website. The GAfutures application must be opened in either Chrome or Firefox, it is not compatiable with Internet Explorer. (Home School students complete the paper application
which is available on the GA411 website.) A new MOWR funding application must be
submitted each semester.
To be eligible for the MOWR program, a student must:
- Be enrolled in the ninth, tenth, eleventh, or twelfth grade of a private or public
high school in Georgia or a home study program within the State of Georgia operating
in accordance with O. C. G. A 20-2-690.
- Be admitted to Lanier Technical College as a dual credit enrollment student.
- Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved MOWR Course Directory.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by Lanier Technical College.
- Home Study applicants must also submit a copy of your Declaration of Intent with the Department of Education.
Submit a "Application for MOWR Students". The application is available on our website:
www.laniertech.edu / APPLY NOW. Follow these
steps to submit an on-line application.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 770-533-7006.